Join us in Hawkerwalk@CNY Edition to learn about the customs and traditions of Chinese New Year through spices, ingredients, fashion and food! Celebrate Singapore’s Hawker entry into UNESCO , hear stories of grit and passion from our Chinatown hawkers, sample CNY delicacy and hands-on to learn about spices and the ingredients to create your own Chinese new year feast!!
Did you know that there are over 700 stalls located within Chinatown Complex? Ever got lost finding your favourite food/market/retail stall? Have you ever wonder what are the significance behind our Chinese New Year dishes, snacks and displays like Peng Cai, Bamboos, Sea Cumcumbers etc? Join us in this 1 hour 15 minutes walking tour to get your curiosity (and belly) satisfied through sharing by our hawker heroes and guides!!
Date: 16th, 17th, 23rd and 24th January 2021 (Saturdays and Sundays)
Time: 4 sessions a day at 1000, 1145, 1300 and 1445hrs
Meeting Venue: Chinatown Complex Ground floor (facing Buddha Tooth Relic Temple)
Things to bring: A pair of 3.5mm plug ear piece for use with our audio headset.
What is included in the tour:
A. Fun and knowledgeable Guide to guide you through this amazing food maze!
B. Experiential Bundle* (Sat: Cuttlefish sampler, a pkt of five spice mix, experiential spice kit, BBQ sliced pork sampler, $10 chinatownhawker.sg e-voucher | Sun: Roast meat, Lap Cheong, experiential spice kit, BBQ sliced pork sampler, $10 chinatownhawker.sg e-voucher)
* Items may be substituted due to non-availability. Items cannot be swap or exchange.
Things to note:
1. Online booking of tours will close the day before at 12pm or when sold out
2. Please turn up for the tour at least 5 minutes earlier.
3. Paid fees are non refundable and changes to another session will be subjected to availability and must be communicated to the organisers via email at least 3 days before the tour date. However, replacement of participant can be arranged with prior communication.
4. As part of Safe Measures Management, please do not turn up for the physical tour if you are feeling unwell. A safety brief and temperature taking will be conducted for all participants.
5. This tour will commence even under heavy rain as majority of the tour takes place indoors
For any enquiries, email email@example.com