Do you know that Chinatown Complex Food Complex has over 70% of Cantonese origins hawkers? What does it take to achieve a slurp-it-up bowl “bou tong”? Does a stone grind sesame paste makes a traditional dessert more tasty? Sample a ‘off-the menu’ dish and join us in this 1 hour interactive tour to get your curiosity satisfied!
Date: 29th, 30th Aug 2020 and 5th, 6th Sept 2020
Time: 1200 – 1300 and 1700-1800
Meeting Venue: Chinatown Complex Ground floor (facing Buddha Tooth Relic Temple) / For Live Streaming Tour, tour details will be provided the day before by 2000hrs.
Things to bring (for physical tour only): A pair of 3.5mm plug ear piece for use with our audio headset.
What is included in the tour:
a. Fun and knowledgeable Guide
B. Go behind the scenes and interact with our hawkers
C. $16 and $20 Chinatown Complex Food and Sundries voucher for virtual and physical tour respectively
D. Lunch or Dinner Bundle worth up to $18
Lunch Menu: 1 portion of slow boiled soup with pumpkin rice, Single serving off-the menu secret dish, Single serving of Pork Ribs, 1 portion of cantonese dessert
Dinner Menu: 1 portion of Vinegar Trotter, Single serving off-the menu secret dish, Single serving of Lianhe Ben Ji Claypot rice, 1 portion of dessert
E. Island-wide delivery of food bundle for live stream tour (the items will be delivered between 1030-1230 (for lunch) and 1600-1800(dinner))
Difference between Live Stream and Physical Tour
Virtual tour will be conducted via Zoom. While the stalls visited will be the same, the virtual and physical session will each have their own set of games and activities to engage the audience. Both virtual and Live Stream tours comes with food.
Things to note:
1. Online booking of tours will close the day before at 12pm to allow time for processing of food orders
2. Please turn up for the tour (both physical and live stream) at least 5 minutes earlier.
3. Delivery of food is only applicable for live stream tour. Food bundle will be provided for physical tour participants only at the end of the tour. Food items may be substituted with alternative options in the event of non-availability
4. Food contains seafood or pork and does not contain beef and mutton. Due to the public nature of this event, it is not possible to cater to individual with allergies and dietary restriction.
5. Paid fees are non refundable and changes to another session will be subjected to availability and must be communicated to the organisers via email at least 3 days before the tour date. However, replacement of participant can be arranged with prior communication.
6. As part of Safe Measures Management, please do not turn up for the physical tour if you are feeling unwell. A safety brief and temperature taking will be conducted for all participants.
7. Zoom login details for Live Stream tour will be send out the night before the actual event.
For any enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org